Monday, June 6, 2016

Bittersweet: It All Ends Here by Imani Davis




Oh how time flies when you're having so much fun. However, Nafplio is the perfect place to end an amazing trip. We are all sitting on the beach on our last full day here. Not to just admire the beauty of this place but to reflect and study for our final exam, which I must say is torture. It's hard to concentrate when everywhere you turn there is a view that just takes your breath away.

In this moment I am trying to participate in a chaotic group study session. Everyone is talking over each other answering random questions being asked. But also in this chaotic moment I can't help but to think about how lucky we are to have experienced Greece. Ten days ago this study session would have been quiet. But the chaos of everyone answering questions is a good sign of what we accomplished. It's different when you're reading about the history and myths in a classroom. Seeing these things in person to make the readings come to life is so fulfilling. Not to mention we balanced education and fun very well and I'm sure we made our Professors proud.

Being one of two recent Pace University graduates on this trip made me sad as our time comes to a close. This trip was my last piece of Pace to hold on to. Greece was a great way to end my college career and I couldn't be happier that I got a chance to have this experience. This trip really showed me how much I've learned and grown as a person throughout my four years at Pace. Pace promotes stepping outside the box and trying new and exciting things. I would have never thought to take a trip to Greece if it wasn't for the study abroad program.

And once again I'm back to looking out at this amazing view. I see some of the new friends I made on this trip having a blast and all I can do is smile. In a short period of time I've gained friendships with such brilliant, caring and outgoing people who I am truly going to miss and I know have bright futures ahead.  I wish you all nothing but the best. For all of us this trip has really been one for the books. Thank you to Professor Catalano and Professor Collins for this opportunity.


Goodbye for now Greece. Truly the trip of a lifetime. We will meet again!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Greece

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we were all able to become so close over this trip; it definitely made it easier and more fun. I also loved reading your posts; you have a nice, easy to read and informative style, and you always chose interesting things to write about. You're an awesome and thoughtful person and I know you'll be great in whatever you do after Pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imani, we were the masters of balancing fun and education on this trip. Throughout all of the chaos, I'm so happy that we all became so close. You're writing is truly a reflection of your personality: it is straight to the point yet heartfelt. Good luck in the future and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete